Preplanned Coincidence

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My love affair with the rains

As a kid I remember walking back from school in the rains in Bombay. I always wore my raincoat without the hat - much to the ire of my mom. You're going to catch a cold she would say. As I grew older raincoats gave way to jackets that even looked cooler with the hood down in addition to letting the rain in.

Rain seemed such a pleasant relief after the hot and humid summers. The cool breeze, the distinct smell of the earth, the butta (roasted corn) with masala from the roadside...I loved everything about the rains. I looked at disbelief at the people around me that complained about the potholes, the overflowing gutters and wet hair. I promised myself that I would never turn into one of those and continue enjoying the rains.

It rained today and I didn't have the time to go out and get wet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home